Monday, July 11, 2011

Achy day… Day 968 11JUL11

The vincristine Joshua got this past Monday finally caught up with him this morning. He woke up achy and feeling kind of down, he gets pains in his hips and back and is pretty stubborn about not taking any Tylenol to ease the pain a bit. He takes so many meds I guess he just doesn't want to take another pill. So he spent the day resting and laying on the heating pad to try and ease the pain a bit. When I got home he had decided that we all needed to eat the same thing for dinner, which is a distinct rarity since he got diagnosed, and Joshua had chosen salmon and rice to eat. I changed out of my work stuff and jumped into the kitchen to prepare what he asked for. So we had a nice dinner with all of us sitting at the table together eating the same meal. He ate all of the salmon on his plate and most of the rice along with a salad I made for him, a nice lot of protein and veggies :) An ordinary day turned special! I love it when that happens!

He seemed to be feeling a little better later in the evening and was relaxing with Renee while watching a little tele. With luck he will feel much improved tomorrow and the aches will subside until next time.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

I am delighted you all had the same food for dinner and I'm even more delighted that you made such wonderful food choices.

Sorry to hear about the achy pains and hope they are gone by this morning.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna