Friday, August 5, 2011

Not much fun… Day 993 05AUG11

Joshua had a rather rough morning. The nurse showed up at 8 and his port did not want to flush. She had to stick him three different times before it started working.

Needless to say he was pretty hysterical by this point and it took a bit for him to settle back down. I fear that his port is just getting worn out after all this time, I hope it will last until next year when we can get it taken out once and for all.

The rest of his IVIG transfusion went according to plan and he was finished up by early afternoon. As usual he was pretty tired afterwards and spent most of the day relaxing around the house and playing with his brother.

He was pretty much back to normal by the time I got home from work and we had a nice evening together. In the morning we get to go to hockey class and the boys are looking forward to it, they had their gear packed and lined up by the front door before I even asked them to get it ready. My dad is supposed to meet us at the rink so he can watch all of us boys on the ice for the first time. Hope we don't fall down too much :)

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

I am so sorry to hear about the port. It makes me want to scream to the universe at the injustices heaped on your body! I don't think next year will get here soon enough for any of us.

I sure hope hockey class is super for you today.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna