Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back home again… Day 637 12AUG10

Joshua stayed over at Taylor and Avery's until this afternoon. I asked him how his visit was tonight and he told me he had a lot of fun and didd all kinds of neat things. I am glad that he got a chance to get out and be a "normal" kid. It is hard to estimate how difficult it is on him not being able to do just the simple carefree things that all the other kids do without thought. Cancer is insidious and it quietly steals away chunks of his childhood. I am thankful that for now he is feeling well and his counts are such that he can be a true child. Tomorrow Joshua will get the treat of being the only child at home, Jarrod is riding in with me to do some stuff with my dad. I know he will enjoy being one on one with Renee.

3 comments:

Jamie(Sister) said...

Awesome Joshy!! That's great that you got to spend time with Taylor and Avery. :-) I am glad that you are getting to be normal kid again :-) Your counts are high enough so that you can do so.

One on one with mom tomorrow should be fun love bug. :-) Allie is now fully walking!! So she can walk to he goofy Uncles!, You boys will be so excited to see her walk :-) She walks like a little robot too. ;-)
We love you tons and will see you on Sunday k

XOXO Love Jamie Allie Christian Bella and Spike

Laura and Frank said...

So cool you were able to spend time with your cousins, Josh. I can't imagine how fast everyone is growing up; we are glad you get to spend that time together. I know you and your Mom will have a wonderful day, just the two of you!

Jarrod very glad you're going to go help Grandpa Gandy and spend time with him. You are a very thoughtful young man.

I want to see video of Miss Allie walking! That ought to be a blast!

Love, Laura and Frank

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

So happy you had fun with Taylor and Avery. It's wonderful to hear about you doing normal everyday stuff.

And I'm delighted you will have Mom all to yourself. Bet you two have a blast.

Jarrod, It's great to hear you are going to hang out with Grandpa Gandy. I'll bet you are fabulous help and company for him. Tell him I said "Hello".

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna