Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trying to get back to school… Day 650 25AUG10

Joshua decided not to return to school today. Yesterday was really just too much for him to handle right off the bat. After lots of discussion we are going to start him back a little slower with only halfish days for a bit until he can get more comfortable. He is dealing with a lot of emotions inside that he hasn't really shared with us before. We are going to do our best to help him navigate through what he is feeling and find ways to help him cope better. It breaks my heart to realize how scared he must really feel and I am awed at how bravely he puts a smile on his face every day and keeps moving forward.

While I was at work this afternoon I got a call from Renee telling me that Liane had managed to get a reporter from Channel 13 interested in our story and that he was headed over to the house to shoot an interview this evening. They are doing a story on how hardship has affected homeowners and wanted an emotional interview. Renee was happy to do it and from what I heard it went well. It will have aired by the time you read this but may be on their website to view. I will check and post details if I find any. Who knows what might become from our story being told.  We will keep our collective fingers crossed and hope for something amazing. Joshua really wants to keep his house.

4 comments:

Jamie(Sister) said...

Aww Im Sorry Joshy that you are dealing with so many feelings. :-( I hope that you are able to find a way to express your feelings and talk about them soon love bug. Always remember that Mom and Dad are great listeners and great to talk to!! :-)
Half days are a good start to get you back into the swing of things. :-)

Wow just saw you on Fox 13. :-( Sad very sad. We love you guys tons and pray for the best! Our fingers and toes are crossed and pray that something good will come from this.

XOXO Love Jamie Allie Christian Bella And Spike
Ps keep you head up love bug you're doing great :-)

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

I'll say it again Mighty Warrior - you put me on my knees. I hope you will soon find the comfort zone with school.

Hang in there Mighty Warrior and keep kickin butt! You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Ann said...

OMG! Man, I hope that helps the situation you guys are in at this time. Wish I could have seen the interview.
Josh, hang in there. I realize that you haven't been inside of a school for some time and that there will be adjustments. At least you have come a long ways to be able to go to school. One giant step forward.

Scarlett said...

Hang in there, Joshua. School is a lot to deal with right now. Take your time getting adjusted. And always remember that your mom and dad and good friends are there for you to talk to and to help you whenever you need it. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can do.

Saw you guys on the news. Hopefully someone watching will feel moved to do something. Praying praying praying!!!