Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ribbons… Day 824 16FEB11

Joshua had his normal morning routine going and spent his time getting school work done with Renee since his teacher was feeling under the weather and canceled for today. The kids sent the balance of the day, I am sure, playing and trying to stay out of Renee's way as she got everybody's clothes ready for our upcoming journey.

We all met this evening at the Children's' Cancer Center to make ribbons to be worn at Emmanuel's service on Saturday. Joshua had asked me if I would come so I made arrangements so I could be there with him for a little bit. It was very sad to walk in and see Emmanuel's picture at the desk in front and to remember his smiling face running around and playing with Joshua and the other kids. We made a ton of ribbons and I hope in some small way it brings a bit of comfort to his family. I left after a bit and headed back to work while Renee stayed on for a while before taking the kids home. She said Joshua was a little sad afterwards but he seemed to be doing okay.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Try not to be too sad Mighty Warrior. Emanuel can live on in your heart in that special place for those you loved but no longer see. It is helpful to have something to occupy the mind and body while you grieve - making ribbons sounds like a wonderful tribute for Emanuel.

Courage little man. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna