Friday, April 8, 2011

Smiling… Day 875 08APR11

A year ago today my mother left this earth and we mourned, today we celebrated. All of us met my Dad at a favorite restaurant that we had regularly eaten at with my parents on special occasions or just because we wanted to all sit down together for a good meal. We were there along with Jamie, Allie, Christian, and Roxy. The meal was wonderful, the company even better. I know mom was smiling down at us and enjoying the family all coming together. We were also celebrating dad's birthday which was yesterday and even got to sing happy birthday to him along with the guys from the restaurant. It was a lot of fun. After we all stuffed ourselves I headed off to work while Renee took off for home. The big kids all came over a little while later and when I called to see how their afternoon was going they were playing and having a blast with the boys.

The Lightning played tonight so Joshua made sure to put on his new lucky shirt and it worked in spades, he was really happy about that.

I still miss you mom but you are with me everyday and I have done my best to keep my promises. Keep smiling, I feel it in the rays of the sun.

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

You all have certainly had a full week of celebrating, remembering and being together. Such a beautiful way to spend time.

Glad to hear your new magic jersey worked.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Jamie(Sister) said...

We had a fun day! =) I am so glad that we could all get together and enjoy each others company and remember Grandma. =) She is missed very much! I know she was watching over us and wishing she was there to enjoy that yummy food. ;-) Hope you rested up after a fun filled day.
we love you love bug and will see you soon.

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE CHRISTIAN BELLA AND SPIKE