Monday, April 11, 2011

Worked over… Day 878 11APR11

Joshua got worked over today at clinic. He got accessed, got his vincristine, got two breathing treatments, labs, and then headed for home to start prednisone. His ANC is still rather high at 3546 and all of his other numbers are fine. I always get a little unsettled when things change with Joshua and will stay unsettled until they either change back or this becomes the new normal.

Joshua had a good first day on steroids and, according to Renee, had a fun and peaceful day with Jarrod. They rented a couple of movies for their evening entertainment and Joshua seemed pretty happy when I talked to him before he went to sleep. Lets hope the peace holds throughout his rather busy week. Tomorrow is the last quiet day for Joshua before his FCAT testing cranks up on Wednesday morning. Renee and I are both crossing our fingers and hoping that his brain will decide to not get bogged down by all of the chemo and he will do well on the tests.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

I am glad to hear a peaceful beginning to the steroids. Just hope it can stay that way.

I know you will put forth your absolute best in taking the tests. And I shall refrain from voicing my opinion of the tests or the reasoning(?) behind them.

I'm beginning to get excited about the markers you are making - countdown to the end of chemo, countdown to getting rid of the cast and countdown to school's out!

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna