Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ice and heat… Day 943 16JUN11

We all got up early and grabbed a bite of breakfast before the boys and I headed off to the ice rink to skate. We had a great time and other than a few bumps the boys escaped injury free. We stopped by Brighthouse on the way home to exchange our cable box which has been acting flaky lately and the guy that helped us figured out how to drop our bill and triple our bandwidth all at the same time. I even got a Father's day gift :) Cool!

We headed home after that and got showers and lunch before relaxing in the cool of the house until dinner time. We grilled a piece of salmon that was in the freezer and for the first time in quite a while Joshua ate the same dinner as the rest of us. The boy's and I headed out to the street a little before sundown to play a little hockey and we wound up having a lot of fun although we all came back in sweaty again. The boys got cleaned up and settled down to watch a little tele while I went out in the garage and fixed the washing machine. It went on the fritz, must have been talking to the cable box, last week and the part I ordered to fix it arrived this afternoon so it was time to get it back to working correctly. It took a while but I got the part swapped out without leaving any skin or other genetic material behind. After a quick test to make sure it was all functioning correctly I took refuge in the air conditioning once again. It really shouldn't be 90 degrees in your garage at 8:00 at night. Renee and the boys have a play date planned for tomorrow while I am at work. Should be a fun day for them all.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Sounds like all of you had a pretty good day. I am delighted to hear you were able to eat the same dinner as the rest of the family. Hope that means a bit of progress.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna