Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yard day.… Day 515 13APR10


This morning we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and get some yard work done. Renee and the boys pulled weeds while I mowed the grass. Then while the boys played inside we washed and scrubbed our deck. It looks a lot better and I enjoyed spending the time outside with Renee. As soon as we were done it was into the shower and then a quick bite to eat before heading out to take Joshua to tutoring.

The trip to the caner center was actually nice, somehow we missed all of the normal traffic and made it there way earlier than we had expected. We dropped Joshua off and headed over to my parents house to visit with my dad for a little while. While my dad and Jarrod were fixing a broken sprinkler head I ran back to get Joshua. He did okay at tutoring, not as good as we wanted, but still okay. The prednisone monster didn't visit at least. I ran him back to my dad's and he helped out in the yard a little bit before we headed home for the evening. Jarrod took off for bike ride but we kept Joshua home to rest. The chemo weakens him more than he realizes and he will push himself beyond his limits. Besides he has a play date tomorrow and he will need his energy then :)

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

What a day! I got tired reading about it. But I'm glad everybody got to spend some time outside. Great job keeping the monster away. Hope you can closet him the rest of the week.

Rest up Mighty Warrior. You need all your energy to keep kickin butt.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna