Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn's coming!… Day 687 01OCT10

It is starting to feel like Autumn will make an appearance pretty soon and the sooner the better if you ask me. 

Joshua had school this morning with his teacher and he did much better than last time. Jarod came in to work with me and I dropped him of at my dad's house for the afternoon. He got some yard work done and then took a dip in the pool next door. I am glad that he gets to spend time with his grandpa and they have a great time together. They also baked my favorite this afternoon, pecan pie. I have been promised a large slab when I next return.

Renee and her mom made a great big batch of perogies while we were gone and we all had them for dinner. She stuffed them with potatoes, cheese, broccoli, and kielbasa. Yummmm…. I have been surrounded by great eats the last few days! How lucky can you get. Today is also Joshua's last dose of steroids for this round. He did pretty good this time and didn't suffer from insomnia like many cycles before this one. It is fascinating how he responds so differently to the same medications.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend and things to do around here. I am hoping for pleasant weather so I can get caught up on stuff outside. 

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Glad to hear your weather is finally beginning to cool down. Now you guys can get outside and have some fun and work off some energy.

Wow - it sounds like you all have gotten deep into feast mode. I'm gaining weight just reading about all the treats at your house.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna