Saturday, October 23, 2010

Family day… Day 709 23OCT10

Today was a great day in a lot of different ways:

1) The weather was quite nice.

2) Jamie and Allie came over to spend the day.

3) My dad came over for lunch and a visit and brought a big bag of great veggies with him.

4) Jarrod went with me and my dad to pick out a new grill. It was my birthday present from dad. We can't wait to get it fired up :)

5)The weather late this evening was so nice the boys and I decided to take a walk together.

Jamie and my dad arrived within a short time of each other and we had a fun day together. Allie is, as always, too cute for words and is a joy to have around. I made a nice salad with the veggies dad brought over for our lunch before we went grill shopping. Our previous grill succumbed to old age and the Florida climate several years back and we have been grill-less ever since. We found a really neat model and got it ordered. It should arrive this coming week and after we get it built the grilling will begin in earnest. One of the things we all enjoyed about our summer trips up to Michigan was grilling out almost every night when the weather was nice. After my dad headed for home we spent a relaxing afternoon with Jamie and the kids. It has been really wonderful to have Jamie and Allie over these past two weekends while Christian has been deployed. He is set to return this coming Thursday. After dinner and a bath for Allie they headed home and we settled down for the rest of the evening. Joshua is still coughing but he has felt fine or the last two days. Now if we could just get rid of the lingering cough we would be much happier.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

What a wonderful fun packed day! I bet you enjoyed every single second.

Sorry to hear the cough still lingers. Hope it leaves soon.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna