Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday… Day 707 21OCT10

As of today I have spent 4 and a half decades roaming around this rock we call home. For over half that time I have been lucky enough to be the father of four very special young men. I got to start my birthday with two of them and finish the day with the other two. Joshua and Jarrod got up this morning to have breakfast with me and help me welcome in a new notch in my belt. I had to leave for work soon after that so I really enjoyed the time we had together. When I made it home I discovered that Joshua had gone over to grandma's house and made a huge plate of yummy cupcakes for me including a set of candles the he and Jarrod lit so I could get in my birthday wish. I hope it comes true :)

Christian sent me an email from where he is deployed right now and later in the evening Brandon called to talk. It is the little things that become more and more special as time passes by and today was filled with just such things. All together they added up to a wonderful birthday.

 Joshua is still a little under the weather but is showing signs of improvement. Jarrod scooted off to bed early this evening because he is getting up extra early tomorrow to go on a special field trip and Renee is still recovering from her root canal and is hopefully on the mend.

2 comments:

Laura and Frank said...

Happy 45th Lee! You'll never catch up to me no matter how hard you try. Sounds like all your sons made it a special day for you. I find it's only a number and can't imagine sometimes where all the time goes. You and Renee better than most people know to enjoy every moment with family and friends. Love to all, Laura & Frank

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

You guys did great with the cupcakes! And I'll bet the extra love that went into the baking makes your Dad's wish come true.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope whatever that nasty @*$(%)^ was leaves and doesn't come back.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna