Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 11 Update

Josh continues to do well at home. Uncle Scott, Aunt Alecia, Taylor and Avery came by this morning to visit. Josh always loves hanging out with cousin Taylor! Later in the day Mrs. O'Neill, his first grade teacher, came over. She brought a huge stack of cards and drawings from his classmates. It was really special, Josh enjoyed reading all of the cards himself. Our home health nurse also stopped by to check on Josh and teach Mom and Dad how to take care of his PICC line. We go back to the hospital tomorrow for labs, but we do not have to stay. The weather here continues to be beautiful and it helps brighten all of our spirits. Last night was the first time in 10 days that our entire family has slept under the same roof. It felt good to have everyone so close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renee-
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I had no idea you were going through this. I love you and your family. Let me know if I can ever do ANYTHING.

-Katelyn Malone

Scarlett said...

Hi Joshua,

You are one brave little boy! I'm glad to read about how great you are doing. I wanted to let you know that Hayden is thinking about you a lot and talking about how much he misses you at school. I'm sure he'll be leaving messages for you very soon. In the meantime, you are in our prayers every night. Take care, and we hope you get better very soon.

Scarlett Truong (Hayden's mom)