Friday, November 20, 2009

5K Race... Day 373 20NOV09

Friday and an end to the school week for Joshua and Jarrod. Jarrod was dad's helper again today as they finished off the drywall job they have been working on. His dad and I are amazed that he is as big and able as he is. It seems like yesterday he was just tagging along behind his daddy and really couldn't help that much. My how fast they grow.

Joshua received his first assignment as the 2010 Boy of the Year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They have asked Joshua to make a drawing for their Holiday "Christmas" Cards. Joshua has all week to make one and he is really excited about it. Joshua and the family will also be out very early this Sunday morning at a 5k Race for LLS. My childhood friend Trina and her co-worker are running the 5k in honor of Joshua and to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Trina contacted me weeks ago and told me what she was planning to do the race. When I told Joshua about it a look of astonishment came over his little face and he said "For Me?" "Yes, for you sweetie!" You could feel the warmth coming from the huge smile that came across his face! When Trina told me we really didn't have to come because it was so early, I told her that we will be there, yelling, screaming, clapping, and cheering at the top of our lungs!

Trina, you and your co-worker, are completely Awesome! Good Luck on Sunday!

3 comments:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

How wonderful that you will create a Christmas Card design. I can't wait to see what you draw. And don't forget to sign it - it will be valuable when you are 'famous'.

You go Trina!! How awesome that you would honor Joshua in this way. Hope you set a record. And I hope nobody gets too hoarse yelling and screaming.

Great going Jarrod - helping Dad with the drywall. I'm betting you're the best help he'll ever have.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Ann said...

Boy of the year! well the good stuff just keep coming.We are so proud,

Jamie(Sister) said...

Thats great Joshua!! I cant wait to see what your imagination comes up with. =)
WOW that awesome that Trina and her co-workers are doing that for you Joshua!! They must really love you and care about you. =) I know you,mommy,daddy and Jarrod are going to be screaming and cheering so loud i wouldnt be surprised if you guys lost your voice. =) Love you tons and you are doing great love bug. =)

Jarrod thats awesome that you are helping dad out with the dry wall!! You are a great helper now that you are big enough and strong enough. I know you love to help dad with that kind of thing. =)

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE BELLA AND CHRISTIAN