Monday, November 23, 2009

Steady as she goes... Day 376 23NOV09

Joshua got up this morning and headed of to the clinic for a CBC and to get accessed. His ANC is just over 1100 which is great news, he is holding steady and the doctors seem to have found the right chemo dosing for now. While he was there he got another dose of Vincrsitine. Today is also the day he starts another round of prednisone so the evil steroid monster will be visiting for a few days just in time for Thanksgiving. I was teaching all evening but Renee said he was doing okay and hadn't had any meltdowns.

In other news Jarrod was selected as the Student of the Month by one of his teachers at the virtual school. Needless to say we were thrilled. He has done so much better since he started attending the virtual school and it has certainly made things easier on us during the crazy times.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hey there Joshua!!!! I know I moved but I've been following along this whole time. First I'm so jealous of your lego land trip and it totally made me want to go there too. And I'm so happy you finally have had some holidays at home and things are going so well for you. So I totally miss our fun times....it's not as fun here at the new hospital. There are no races on little car things and water syringe fights. I've been showing people those pictures on here because they are amazed at the fun we had. Very serious here! Anyways hope you are doing good in school! Love ya and miss ya!

Rochelle

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Way to go on the Counts Mighty Warrior. Hope they stay like this indefinitely.

Jarrod, CONGRATULATIONS Big Guy. You continue to amaze me with the depth of your many talents. It looks like Virtual School was absolutely the best thing for you.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Laura and Frank said...

Way to go with the counts up, Joshua! Sounds like you're still kicking cancer butt. You are totally amazing!

Jarrod, Congratulations! Student of the month is fantastic.

Love, Laura & Frank

Jamie(Sister) said...

AWESOME JOSHUA!!! Whoo hoo thats is great news!!! I am soooo happy to hear that your counts are super high and yay you will have a big appetite just in time for Thanksgiving!! Yummy. =) I cant wait to see how much it will take to fill your little big belly. =)

Jarrod that is great buddy! I am proud of you. =) You are doing wonderful with this new schooling and you are getting smarter by the day bud. =) Love you and congradulations.... ;)

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE BELLA AND CHRISTIAN