Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tree Climbing... Day 372 19NOV09

School this morning for both the boys like always. After school we headed over to my parent's house for lunch and the afternoon. They had pizza delivered for Joshua and he was very happy. During the afternoon amidst helping with yard stuff and other fun projects Joshua and Jarrod got some tree climbing in. Joshua is almost back to his old monkey like self although not quite a strong as before. He is nonetheless still totally unafraid of heights while I watch him shimmy high up into a tree. It was wonderful to see him climbing but at the same time I am crossing everything that he will not fall. It all ended well and he had a marvelous time and wore himself out. He even managed to get a nap in the car on the way home.

This evening the boys and I did a little more remodeling work next door before coming home to watch, at Joshua's request, Episode 5 of Star Wars. The boys love the fact that I know all the lines from the movie and can't figure out how. Maybe because I have seen it a zillion times and yes, I will admit to being a Star Wars geek from way back. It is fun to see them enjoy a film I enjoyed as a youngster even if Billy Dee Williams was a horrible choice for Lando Calrissian.

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Back in the trees again! I love it. You keep climbing and having fun.

Glad you got to sit around and watch the Star Wars with Dad.

Keep kicking butt Mighty Warrior. I'm liking the daily news better and better.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Jamie(Sister) said...

Sounds like a fun filled day Joshy!
I am glad you are back to climbing tress and being little monkey again. =) Pizza sounds really yummy. =)
Star war movies are great to watch. I must admit i havent seen all of them and i am still clueless to most of them.... ;) I am happy to hear that another good day has gone by love bug.

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE BELLA AND CHRISTIAN