Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Angels Among Us... Day 385 02DEC09

Last night I received a very strange phone call from a gentleman telling me that someone wanted to do something nice for me. He didn't want to give anything away but he wanted to know if I would be by the phone this morning between 8:45 - 9:00 am.

I politely said "Okay" and hung up my phone, thinking to myself "Is this for real?" "Do people really do nice things for others these days?"

All sorts of things went whizzing through my head. Needless to say I did not sleep very well.

Well.......at 8:30 this morning my phone rang again...same gentlemen....asking if he could call me back in 10-15 minutes. He was just making sure that I was by the phone.

OK, now this is just getting weird!

8:49 am the phone rings again...same nice man..asks me to hold. I hear music playing and then I realize that I'm on hold with a local radio station, Q105.

OMG.....I suddenly hear about the Mason Dixon's Christmas Wish Fund, Inc and they are reading a letter sent to them about me and my family. Of course the tears are falling down my face when suddenly I'm speaking on the air live with Mason Dixon and he's asking me how I'm doing. I'm surprised I could speak! He asked about Joshua and then told me that he was giving us money from the Christmas Wish Fund.

Angels truly do walk among us and lift us up on their wings when we need help! Who is the truly wonderful angel that sent in the letter? She is a wonderful, long time friend who has stood by us. If you read the blog comments you know her already...It's Miss Laura!!!!

Thank you Miss Laura for the wonderful surprise today, Rylee and her family for yesterday's visit and all of our Angels that walk beside us everyday on this long path of healing!

4 comments:

Laura and Frank said...

I was so excited to know that you had been chosen by the letter I sent. I prayed about it and didn't tell anyone but God what my plan was. When Frank was listening to the radio at work and they started reading the letter, he said, that sounds like something my wife sould say and then he knew - it was for one of our dearest friends. It's been 18 years since I met Renee and we've been through the good times and not so good together as friends and family.

We love you all and are truly blessed by your friendship. Laura and Frank

Jamie(Sister) said...

Wow!!! Laura is a great friend!! =) That was very sweet of her to do that. =) She is really thinking of you guys.. =) That gave me goose bumps. I am happy to know that you guys will have a very merry Christmas this year mom!!! Love you guys and thank you Laura for making their day!! =)

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE BELLA AND CHRISTIAN

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Angels do truly walk among us. Thank God for answered prayers. And God spread multiple Blessings over Laura and Frank and everyone they love.

Can't think of a better way to start a day.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Ann said...

Goose bumps and tears, what an Angle friend to do this for your great family. You are truly blessed.