Thursday, December 3, 2009

It Happens... Day 386 03DEC09

Last night we had some major thunderstorms blow through. But that really isn't what made today interesting. I walked outside in the morning to go to an appointment. Joshua was inside with daddy, Jarrod, and his home health care nurse Rachel. Joshua was getting another IVIG treatment today. As I went to the car I noticed that our local paper, The Observer News, was lying in the driveway..soaking wet! I thought to myself, I bet you today is the day Joshua is on the front page....and sure enough Joshua was on the front page in a wonderful article talking about Joshua's trip to LegoLand. Julie had contacted us after we returned and asked to do an article. We knew it would be coming but I didn't expect the newspaper to be soaked!!!
We dried out the paper and also looked up the article online. Here's the link for the article

Trust me. It's easier to read than my paper!

Now, back to Joshua's treatment. It usually only takes about 6 hours for his transfusion. Today it took a lot longer. I had plans with the kids this afternoon while Lee was at work. Nothing worked as planned today and things got rescheduled. Rachel kept apologizing and I kept telling her that it was no big deal. And it really was No Big Deal! I didn't have an ounce of bad emotions in my body when I told her this. Some things in life are truly, not that important. In the end, everything was taken care of, Joshua and Jarrod were both happy and we had a great evening at home watching the Pixar short flicks. Life is about laughter and not making such a big deal about the things we really don't have any control over. One of Joshua's favorite songs is by Sugarland and its called "It Happens". Joshua will actually yell at me from the back seat on the way to the hospital "Mom, play our theme song" I turn the radio up really loud and the 3 of us sing in our loudest voices. If you don't know the words to the song here they are. Next time you hear it, remember that this is "our" theme song!

Missed my alarm clock ringing
Woke up, telephone screaming
Boss man singing his same old song
Rolled in late about an hour
no cup of coffee, no shower
Walk of shame with two different shoes on

Now it's poor me, why me, oh me, boring
The same old worn out, blah, blah story
There's no good explanation for it at all

Chorus:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over-think it
Let go, laughing
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
The irrefutable, indisputable fact is
It happens

My trusty-rusty had a flat
I borrowed my neighbors Cadillac
"I'll be right back," going down to Wally World
That yellowed light turned red too quickly
Knew that truck the moment it hit me
Out stepped my ex and his new girl
("Sorry 'bout your neck baby")

But it's poor me, why me, oh me, boring
The same old worn out, blah, blah story
There's no good explanation for it at all

Repeat Chorus twice

Yeah, the irrefutable, indisputable, absoluteable, totally beautiful fact is...pshhhhh, it happens.

3 comments:

Nonna said...

Sweet Renee,

If we could somehow bottle your family's marvelous view of life, enough money could be made to solve the problems of the entire World!

Love,

Nonna

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Front Page! Just where you belong. That was a great article.

I really like your "theme song". I think I will adopt it.

Keep kickin butt Might Warrior.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Jamie(Sister) said...

Wow... That's awesome you are in 2 papers Joshy!! :) THats exciting :)
I'm sorry your treatment took longer than expected love bug. I was wanting to see those short films!! I bet alot of them were funny :)
I love that song!! I remeber singing that song with you and Jarrod. You two know all if the words :) I have been thinking of you guys everytime I hear that song since you told me that it was the perfect song for you guys. :) I love you tons and miss you guys!!! See you soon

XOXO LOVE JAMIE ALLIE BELLA AND CHRISTIAN