Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day… Day 583 20JUN10

Today was a great day to be a father. Actually in my book every day being a father is a great day. I am lucky to have the love of four very different  and very special young men and I can think of nothing else that I would ever want to be besides their father.

My day started with a special breakfast prepared by two of my favorite cooks who prepared belgian waffles for us all. They were quite yummy!


For lunch we headed over to my dad's house to see him and were joined by Christian, Jamie, and Miss Allie. This is Christian's first Father's day and he was part of three generations of Gandy fathers at lunch. That is a special thing! We had some great Alabama style barbecue that my dad found at a local BBQ place and man was it good. After a little time digesting and playing with the kids we headed home for a bit.


This evening we had dinner with Renee's dad and were lucky sought o get to spend even more time with Miss Allie. Sally, Cameron, and Jayden also came to dinner, unfortunately Jim had to work tonight. We had a wonderful batch of pork chops that Ed coked ion the grill along with a bunch of other great treats courtesy of Renee and her mom. I may not have to eat again for several days :)

On the way home from Tampa Jarrod spotted the first billboard with Joshua on it! So after some crazy U turns we made it back to take a picture. It is on a road I drive every day I work so I will get to see it often. It looks fantastic and we were all thrilled.



It was a great day and I enjoyed every minute of it. A Happy Father's Day wish to all the dads I know out there!

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Tell your Dad he may feel lucky to have four wonderful sons but there are four exceptional young men that are extremely lucky to have him as a Dad!

The belgian waffles sounded delicious. With all the food you guys ate I'm surprised everybody didn't wind up having to be rolled home in a wheelbarrow!

Sounded like all of you had a great Father's Day and I am happy for you.

The billboard is awesome Mighty Warrior! You look fabulous.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna