Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waffles… Day 590 27JUN10

When I got up this morning I decided to make Belgian waffles for breakfast so I got out all the stuff and got started. First waffle out of the waffle iron I offered to Joshua. He said, "I don''t like belgian waffles, I want a Mickey Mouse waffle." Sooo I got out the Mickey waffle iron, plugged it in and made him a Mickey waffle with the same batter. He loved it.

 It is the kind of thing that makes you chuckle as a parent. You kind of want to explain that it is the batter not the shape that makes it Belgian but prudently decide to let it slide. It would be really hard to explain with a straight face anyway ;)

Before lunch we dropped Joshua off at Pa's and headed up to IKEA to brave the Sunday crowds in order to get a shelving unit that Renee saw advertised. It was dramatically reduced in price today only. We managed to escape in a relatively short amount of time with our new shelving unit and a reading light for my office in tow. When we got back Jarrod put together the shelves while Joshua handled the light. Both of them did great and Joshua's work was very illuminating.

After I whipped up dinner the boys went across the street to get a swim in and I ventured out to get the back yard mowed. I managed to get it mostly done before a big mass of black clouds swept in and we got an hour or two of rain. We could use a lot more than that.

The rest of the evening was pretty quiet. Tomorrow is clinic and the start of another week. Joshua was pretty tired later today and got kind of cranky so I am going to be interested to see what his counts are. Hope they are holding steady right where they belong.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Your work is illuminating? But of course, we all know that! Glad to hear you are getting some rain. Just wish we would.

Hope the crankiness is not indicative of low counts. I'll be waiting to hear.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna