Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not as busy as we thought… Day 578 15JUN10

We thought we were in for a pretty busy day. Turns out we misunderstood a key date and all of a sudden our day opened up quite a bit. Jarrod had a check up at the doctor this morning so Joshua and I stayed at home and relaxed a bit. When Jarod got back we ran a few errands and stopped at the meat market where an amazing thing happened. We were standing in line when a lady turned to me and said, "you must be Linda's son". Turns out she is a good friend of my mom's up in Virginia and has a house down here as well, what an amazing coincidence that I would run into her at the meat market. She and her husband had just come down from Virginia and she reads Joshua's blog everyday. I am always amazed at how cool it is when something like that happens, it certainly left me with a smile on my face.

After a brief respite at home we loaded up to take Joshua to tutoring at the Children's Cancer Center. After he was done we headed to a photo studio in Ybor City to have Joshua be a part of the new ad campaign for the CCC. He did pretty good and afterwards we all posed for a family picture. It was a fun evening and we got to see several of our friends we have not seen in a while.

The squirrels are still enjoying Joshua's "squirrel condo" that he built :)

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Glad to hear the day wasn't quite as busy as you thought it would be. You keep posing for all these campaign pictures and you will soon be unable to walk out the door without folks clamoring for your autograph!!!!!

I've got to tell you - the meat market encounter will keep me smiling for a long long time. Does it make you wonder Whose Hand controlled that meeting?

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. And keep that squirrel condo going. I love watching those little guys.

You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Laura and Frank said...

What a great family day: Lee, meeting a good friend of your Mom's all the way from Virginia and she reads the blog! Can't wait to see those new advertising campaign photos, as well as the new family one as well.

Stay as cool as you can in this horrible heat - I envy the squirrels condo. Love, Miss Laura & Frank