Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running around… Day 592 29JUN10

We spent quite a bit of time today running around. In the mooring we dropped Joshua off at PA's to play with Taylor and Avery and then we headed to Sam's club to see about getting some new glasses for Jarrod. He has totally outgrown, like most everything else, his glasses and needed some new frames. We managed to find some the he like and they will be on his face within a week or so. we got back and had time to get a little lunch in our bodies before we packed up and headed to the Children's Cancer Center for a meeting and tutoring for Joshua.

While we were there we found our that we lost one of our kids on Sunday. He was 11 and had been fighting a brain tumor for several years. I know that he now has his angel wings but that does not make it any easier to deal with. Our hearts go out to his family. As I have said before "Cancer Sucks." I will exercise great self restraint at this point and not rant on about how unfair it all is...

The rest of the evening was about average.. We got home and I fixed some dinner for the family. We had one last errand to take care of afterwards. We had promised Renee a copy of the LEGO Harry Potter game for Mother's Day but its release was delayed until today so we went and got her a long overdue present. I am sure we will all enjoy playing it together.

3 comments:

Laura and Frank said...

I am so sorry for the loss of one of your cancer family at CCC. I hate cancer. It totally blows sometimes.

Glad to know Renee has her own Lego game to play now with the family. Josh continue to keep up the fight. You're doing a fantastic job. Jarrod you are so remarkable - can't believe you are almost a teenager.

Love to all, Laura & Frank

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Yeah. Another day with Taylor and Avery.

I am saddened at the loss of one of your family members. Cancer does indeed Suck bigtime. There is no fairness.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Scarlett said...

I'm very sorry for the loss in your cancer family. It does suck, and it isn't fair. I've said a prayer for that child and their family. I can't imagine...

It was great to see you the other day, Joshua! You and Hayden should get together soon to play catch!