Friday, June 11, 2010

Parent's night out… Day 574 11JUN10

We had another busy and fun filled day. Jarrod and I left before lunch for Tampa, I had to go to work and I dropped him off at my dad's to help him get some yard stuff taken care of. Joshua had a day with Mommy and they had fun shopping a little and hanging out together. We all converged on the Children's Cancer Center this evening for a parent's night out. The CCC watched the kids and we got a chance to go out. Not a bad deal. We spent our evening with our good friend's Glen and Lisa and had  wonderful dinner at Bonefish grill and spent some time quietly perusing Border's before we went back to get the kids. The kids had  a pizza party and played while we were gone. Both Joshua and Jarrod said they had a good time and enjoyed the evening. I know we enjoyed ours.

Jake sent me some pictures from their adventure at Sea World yesterday so as I promised here are a few.




Jarrod had a great time and has described all the roller coasters they rode in great detail to me as we traveled together today. This trip was the last thing that he and Jake will do together as a part of the big buddy program. Hard to believe a year has passed already. We could not have asked for a better friend for Jarrod. Jake was wonderful and we look forward to continuing our relationship with him.

Tomorrow we rest up a bit and try and get a handle on all the chores around the house.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

Sounds like your unwelcome visitor has perhaps departed?! Glad you got to hang out with Mom.

Glad you enjoyed the CCC pizza party and that your parents got a little away time.

Jarrod, you've got to stop growing so fast!!!!! Sea World looks like it was a blast. Jake is a phenomenal find for you and your family. Sorry your year is up but I'll bet he stays in touch.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my Champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna