Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Halfway point… Day 607 13JUL10

Today we reach the half way mark on our journey down our cancer road. Joshua will finish treatment 606 days from now. The journey so far has taught us many things and irrevocably changed who we are and what we will all become. When I told Joshua this morning that we were at the halfway point he was happy and said, "We will keep going and kick cancer's butt!" It amazes me the strength and conviction that he has. Every day shines bright upon his beautiful face and lets me know that each and every day is a special blessing. Each step we take together as a family makes us all stronger and we will finish this journey together.

5 comments:

Jamie(Sister) said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Half way to the finish line Joshy!!!
We are soo proud of you!! You have come such a long way love bug and along that way you have grown stronger and you have learned soo many things. :-) I can't help but be excited for Joshua! You put the biggest smile on my face every time I see you and see how awesome you are doing.

Mom Dad and Jarrod have also come a long way. :-) They have grown stronger and wiser. :-) We are proud of all of you and keep it up!!! Love you tons

XOXO Love Jamie Allie Christian Bella and Spike

Biz said...

My family and I saw Joshua's billboard the other day and my kids said "oh look is that him...is that Joshua?!" Joshua is quite the celebrity :)

I just wanted to tell you all that we think you are an amazing family!
You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly and we will continue to follow your journey through your blog!

Have fun at Epcot and have a very Happy Birthday Jarrod...you certainly deserve it!!!

Much Love,
Elizabeth (Biz) and family

Laura and Frank said...

I'm so in awe of the way your family is doing. Joshua is a brave and courageous boy and he makes me smile every time I think of him. Watching Jarrod become a teenager and quite the young man is a thrill. Lee and Renee, you are two of the most caring and inspirational people in the world. HALF WAY through this battle and watching Joshua kick cancer butt is a humbling experience.
We love you, Laura and Frank

Nonna said...

Hey Snuggle Monkey,

What an amazingly awesome butt kicker you are!!! Hope you celebrated your halfway mark in spades.

Keep kickin butt Mighty Warrior. You are my champion.

Tons of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna

Scarlett said...

Yeah!!! Halfway! You are amazing Joshua, and doing a fantastic job! I'm so glad that we've had the privilege of knowing you and your family, and I'm so glad that you and Hayden are friends.