Saturday, July 31, 2010

A kick in the grass… Day 625 31JUL10

Today the sun moved closer to our area. A lot closer. It was just plain hot. According to NOAA it was 113 with the heat index. Yikes.

I spent my morning at the graduation for the college I teach at. It was a good ceremony just hot up on stage. It is a rather unique experience to see people whose lives you have helped shape just a little walk proudly across the stage and receive their diploma.

I stopped in to see my dad for a bit and then headed home. We rested in the relative coolness of the house until Renee's parents came over so we could all go watch the Rowdies play a little soccer. We were lucky enough to get a bunch of tickets from the Children's Cancer Center. My dad met us at the stadium and we all marched in. They tied 2-2 and played a good game. It was a fun evening for all of us.

We have one more day until we leave to go pick up our little noise maker. It has been unnaturally quiet here since he left for camp and we are all looking forward to him getting back home.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Yeah! the Snuggle Monkey will be home tomorrow and the noise level will rise dramatically. I can't wait to hear all the tales he will bring with him.

Rest up while you can.

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Nonna