Sunday, January 18, 2009
Day 67 Update - 18JAN09
I got some new pictures of the party yesterday from Sally so I thought I would share.
Tomorrow morning we rev back up and start another round of chemo. Renee will have Joshua at the clinic at 9 in the morning to get blood drawn and see if his CBC qualifies. We are really not liking the forks in the road, if he doesn't qualify we are only postponing the inevitable and any delay scares both of us. We want our baby to get better, onward and upward, no stopping or coasting backwards. It feels like every minute we delay gives the leukemia cells a chance to get a foothold, start rebuilding themselves. I know this is ridiculous but this is what I picture in my mind and it is scary friends...
Joshua is in good spirits and we had a lot of fun today playing and hanging out together. Our biggest issue right now is getting him to eat enough food. When he was on the steroids I was waiting for the grocery store to offer us a key so we could get food in the middle of the night. Now he takes a few bites of something and puts it down. I asked him earlier what we could do to get him to eat more and he replied, "have them give me Prednisone." The practical wisdom of children. I walked away thinking, "if you had any idea what you were like on steroids you would not even bring that idea up."
We are steeling ourselves for another overnight stay at the hospital and hoping that the combination of drugs does not kick off a high fever like it did last time. We are supposed to go to camp this weekend and all of us are really looking forward to going.